Sunday, July 7, 2024

Chef Wan has diagnosed with cancer

 


Celebrity chef Redzuawan Ismail, better known as Chef Wan, has been diagnosed with cancer

The news came to light following a post by Chef Wan on Instagram, informing his followers of his condition on Thursday.

He wrote: “At 3pm, my doctor broke the news (to me) about the biopsy of my lymph nodes after running it twice to make sure of the result they got that I indeed have lymphoma cancer.

“I was then assigned to see my oncologist, Dr Jay Suriar, immediately who explained all the necessary steps I will need to go through to fight this.

“First thing will be to undergo a PET (positron emission tomography) scan to see if the cancer has spread to other parts of my organ and finally determine what stage it is in.

“Next Monday morning, I will also do a bone marrow test as lymphoma cancer is also linked to our bone marrow.”

The 65-year-old said the chances of him being cured were between 70 per cent and 80 per cent due to the cancer being discovered relatively early.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aespa's Ningning Sits Out K-Wave Concert Due To Health

  aespa’s Ningning unexpectedly sat out yesterday’s “K-Wave Concert Inkigayo” due to health concerns. On June 2, SM Entertainment announced ...