Monday, July 8, 2024

Park Shin-Hye reflects on her chance entry into acting career and working alongside Park Hyung-Sik in 'Doctor Slump'





Park Shin-Hye has been our on-screen companion since her debut at 13 in Stairway to Heaven (2003). From charming us as the ingenue in You're Beautiful to rocking it as a determined journalist in Pinocchio, and then grappling as a struggling anaesthesiologist in her latest show Doctor Slump, Park has taken us on a rollercoaster of emotions and genres.

Her characters, ranging from heartstrings to heart monitors, have held sway over generations of viewers, making her the star we can't seem to outgrow.

In a recent interview with Vogue, Park Shin-Hye reflected on her latest work, Doctor Slump, which garnered much love and attention from viewers. When asked about her experience working with co-star Park Hyung-Sik, she shared fond memories of their time on set. 

"Rather than specific behind-the-scenes stories, I have many joyful memories of the project"

 

She further added, "It was the first piece of work I filmed with peers in a long time. Thanks to my co-star Park Hyung-Sik, I enjoyed working on the project. Actors often feel a lot of pressure during filming, but when I was on set with Park Hyung-Sik, I immersed myself in the fun of the filming process. We did a lot of improv (laughs). Thanks to him, we naturally proceeded with ad lib that weren't pre-agreed upon.

Moreover, in response to whether she always wanted to be an actress, especially given her more than two decades in the industry, Park admitted "I never had a dream of becoming an actress when I was young. I started acting by chance." She explained, "There have been many things that I had to give up in life while being an actress, so I've never doubted whether this path was the right one, and I also don't think I've had a moment difficult enough to reconsider my path as an actress. It's not that I feel acting is my destiny, but there are moments where I find it fun and I have also found myself missing being in front of the camera."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aespa's Ningning Sits Out K-Wave Concert Due To Health

  aespa’s Ningning unexpectedly sat out yesterday’s “K-Wave Concert Inkigayo” due to health concerns. On June 2, SM Entertainment announced ...