Sunday, July 14, 2024

Red Velvet’s Seulgi apologised after facing backlash for swapping shoes with staff

Seulgi, a member of the popular K-pop group Red Velvet, is facing significant backlash after an incident at the airport involving her manager. The group arrived in Taiwan to perform at a festival, and Seulgi was seen exchanging her high heels with her female manager. This action has sparked considerable criticism online.

Eyewitnesses reported that the manager appeared visibly uncomfortable due to the size mismatch of the shoes. Netizens quickly expressed their disappointment, criticizing Seulgi for allegedly causing her staff unnecessary discomfort. Many argued that such actions reflect poorly on her consideration for her team members’ well-being.

In response to the growing controversy, Seulgi took to her Instagram stories on July 13 to issue a public apology. She acknowledged the incident and expressed regret for any discomfort caused to her manager, promising to be more mindful in the future. This apology comes as fans and the general public continue to debate the appropriateness of her actions and the broader implications for celebrity conduct and staff treatment in the entertainment industry. Her statement is as follows:



"Firstly, I apologize to the manager and many others for the incident at the airport yesterday. Recently, while practicing, I injured my foot, and although my shoes at the airport had high heels, I thought it would be fine and didn’t bring any sneakers with me, which was my own negligence.

As I walked, my foot started to hurt more, and by the time we arrived at the music show, it was difficult for me to walk. Seeing this, the manager judged that it might be too much for me to perform and suggested changing shoes before leaving the airport.
In the situation where my foot hurt, I couldn’t think of another way and made a momentary wrong decision. I apologize to those who were disappointed and to the manager who was hurt by this incident.

I personally apologized to the manager and will be more careful and considerate to prevent such things from happening again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aespa's Ningning Sits Out K-Wave Concert Due To Health

  aespa’s Ningning unexpectedly sat out yesterday’s “K-Wave Concert Inkigayo” due to health concerns. On June 2, SM Entertainment announced ...